Monday, June 18, 2007

Flagstone Coping

This is earlier in the morning as they first cut and placed it.




This is when it's wet.

Close up of it wet.


Here it is starting to dry again.



This is my favorite shot :-). This is Trevor alongside the coping after it has dried.


Imagine my surprise this morning when I heard a saw buzzing at 8:00 am this morning, my first day to sleep in since school has finished :-). No worries though, I was so excited to see that they had started cutting and laying out the flagstone coping, that I didn't care!

I'm so excited about this. The flagstone quartzite is beautiful. It's full of different oranges, browns and greys and it sparkles in the sunlight. Marc hosed it down when he got home, and after he washed away a lot of the saw dust, we got to see the real color. It looks a lot darker when it's wet and then it dries to various different shades. I love it! Now we can decide what color we want the concrete decking to be.

I assume that tomorrow they will finishing laying it out and then install it with grout/mortar (?) We are also using it along the waterline, so maybe we'll get to see some of that tomorrow. I imagine it will take most of this week to finish this project, including the front of the spa.
Overall, though, I'm surprised at how fast this project is moving along!

1 comment:

Laura said...

okay, how did I not know you have a blog? and you're getting a pool - LUCKY! Trevor is all growed up now but you should see Buddy...he's at least 100 pounds now. D'oh!